23.11.12

Kale and Feta Breakfast (?) Casserole

I wanted to make a casserole and found this recipe on foodgawker (obvi) that looked really delicious and easy. However I made it for dinner, kale and feta just don't speak breakfast to me but I have toast and OJ for breakfast every morning so I guess I'm not one to talk. But I guess this works for whatever meal you want, and it takes about 2 min to prepare so I would definitely recommend. Also we thought using 12 eggs in a single recipe was not only excessive but also expensive, so we adjusted the original recipe.



Ingredients
10-12 oz. (enough to fill your pan) fresh kale, washed and coarsely chopped
2 tsp. olive oil
3/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese
9 eggs, beaten
Seasonings: basil, oregano, salt, pepper

Can never have too much kale!

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9" x 9" pan with nonstick spray.
2. Wash and chop the kale. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook kale for about 5 min until it begins to soften. 
3. Beat eggs in a bowl and add seasonings.
4. Put kale in your pan. Crumble in feta overtop. Pour in eggs. 
5. Bake 35-40 minutes until eggs are set. 

This recipe was really good (anything with feta is good) except a bit heavy. Still delicious though.


No comments:

Post a Comment