21.6.12

Apple Pie Bars

It has been so long since I have posted, but to be fair, I am in Peru and before coming here I had exams. I've been cooking and baking still, just not posting cause I suck. But being in Peru has somewhat inspired me again because my new friends here love to bake and cook as well. And so, with the very limited ingredients you can find in a rural town in Peru, we've been fairly impressive chefs.

These bars we made just after exams I believe (in our old apartment, in the Tiffany kitchen still) and they were so yummy. They started my new love for skor bits, omg those things are heaven and need to be put in all the things! These bars were easy and were the kind of thing you bake and then eat half the pan with no regrets.

Ingredients 
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 ½ cups flour
2 tsps. baking powder
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Nutmeg
3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
1 cup SKOR chips (or more, do as you feel)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a glass 13”x9” baking dish.
2. Beat oil, sugar and eggs for about 2 minutes.
3. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and spices. Add to other bowl and beat until completely combined. Fold in apples.
4. Scrape batter into a pan and coat with skor chips. Bake for 45 min. Bars are best served warm.




No comments:

Post a Comment