3.11.11

Lettuce Wraps

Not sure if anyone else has been by the Provigo packaged lettuce area in the past few weeks, but if you have you may have noticed the lettuce wraps (drooool). Yeah they are trying to sell "extra crisp" romaine leaves separately packaged and it probably works because the picture they put on the package looks so good.

Thus I was inspired to make my own lettuce wraps. And no I did not buy their probably overpriced "extra crisp lettuce wraps" but some regular romaine (although I was tempted).

I attempted to find a recipe on foodgawker, but nothing really was what I exactly wanted so this is a creation mainly of my own! Yay me!

Ingredients
1 tbsp. canola oil
1 package Yves veggie ground round
3 green onions
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chopped cashews (I used "cashew snacks" which is just broken cashews that are CHEAPER)
1 1/2 cups frozen veggies (I used peas, carrots, corn)
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1 tbsp. soy sauce
Romaine leaves

Directions
1. In large non-stick skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onions, frozen vegetables and veggie ground round. Cook until heated through.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients (except the romaine leaves) and cook for another 5 minutes.
3. Serve on (washed and dried) romaine leaves!

No comments:

Post a Comment